Fully A Son. Free To Live.
So often we live like we're still under restrictions and slaves to our sin. But you've been set free. You are God's child. God wants us to celebrate that "It's A Family Thing!"
Stop Trying to Be What You Already Are!
We all have a list of things we think we need to do in order to be who we want to be. But God wants us to live in the reality of who we already are in Him!
1) God has been working throughout history in order to make us His children.
a. Instead of sending a Savior right away, in His grace He first gave the law to show us our need for a Savior.
b. He knew the perfect time and conditions for a Savior to enter this world.
2) God's Son became us, so we could become God's Son.
3) When God looks at You, what He sees is His perfect Son!
4) Being a good Christian is not an objective to be achieved, it's a position of authority that we've already been given and from which we live!
There's a treasure that you don't need to hunt for to find. It came to you. Now the quest begins.
1) God's grace is not only His undeserved love for us, it's a beautiful trait of His character where He cherishes us and chooses to give us the greatest gift!
2) What if part of being truly rich isn't the acquiring money, a fancy house or expensive foods, but it's the lack of needing them?
3) What if a true treasure consists more of things like being loved and being able to love, having life and being full of goodness?
4) Jesus was willing to lack, to the point that He even died for us, so we might receive a treasure from God.
5) A gift is meant to be enjoyed, so let's live like we're overflowing with treasure. Let the quest begin!
Look At What You've Been Given!
No matter what was placed under your tree, you've received the most incredible gift at Christmas. Unpack your gift this weekend as we study 2 Corinthians 8:9.
On Christmas we celebrate so much more than great memories, but an actual event that changes everything today. Let's study together John 1:14 and consider what "Became" that day.