Team Work Makes the Dream Work
It's often the little things that really make all the difference. The little things begin with humility.
1) Biblical submission is not about being less valuable than another. It's about willfully submitting yourself to the direction of another.
2) There are little things that will creep into our hearts and take a position that belongs to God.
3) God didn't leave us alone to fight the battle in our hearts.
4) Jesus entered the game to be our substitute. Through His life, death and resurrection now no matter what your position, you matter.
5) God has made you valuable so now you can go and make a difference in someone else's life
Good or Bad? Is religion part of the problem?
There probably aren't many words today that carry more baggage than the word "religion." Some are proud of their religion. But some talk about having a relationship rather than a religion. Others say they are spiritual, not religious. Still others see religion as an archaic evil that needs to be done away with. Where should we be on the religion opinion spectrum? This weekend, as we continue our "Nagging Questions" sermon series we study James 1:26-27 and ask a very challenging question, "Is Religion Part of the Problem?"
Did you know that the average thunderstorm in Wisconsin lasts approximately 90 minutes? So what? Well, we tend to think in terms of "forever" when we are in the middle of a storm and have little appreciation for its benefits until the storm passes. I [Pastor Krause] keep hearing all kinds of promises made by various leaders and businesses that soon things will be back to normal, that this will pass. Truth is, only God knows for sure. And only God can make the kind of promise we study this weekend as we look at James 1:12 with the theme "Better Days Ahead".
Are you humble? Tricky question, isn't it? But what's even trickier is actually learning humility. This weekend we studied James 4:6 and discuss the battle for this crucial characteristic that takes place "In The Center Ring."