Not Just What, But How
Vicious. Whether it's campaign ads, social media posts or even things we say face to face, so often the words we say and hear can be downright cruel. But God gives us a better way.
1) Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all. But there are times where we are called to speak up.
2) When we speak up, it's not just about what we say but how we say it. It's not just what comes out of our mouths but out of our hearts.
3) When we speak lovingly to others, we are blessed as well!
4) Thank God He doesn't just speak truth to us, but His love!
5) Imagine how God could be glorified this week if we were to speak His truth in love to those around us!
I'm sure you have heard all the cliches: "you have two ears and one mouth, think before you speak, open mouth and insert foot here", etc. Why are there so many sayings about the words that come out of our mouths?
This weekend we studied a close companion to the nagging question we tackled last weekend, however this week we focused more on how we say something rather than what it is we say as we studied Ephesians 4:15.
There are some pretty big claims in God's Word - that anything is possible for those who believe and that if we ask anything according to His will, He'll do it. These claims seem so big that sometimes they can be hard to believe. So let's embrace the power of God with a study of Ephesians 3:20-21.
Big things through you! Yes, YOU!
God makes some pretty bold statements in His Word about what He can accomplish through us! So wrestle with the power of God and what it might look for God to do big things through us as we study Ephesians 3:20-21!
Do you know where you are?
Check out the view!
Imagine you've been given a weekend get-a-way at a beachfront home on the ocean. But when you're there, you just hang out inside and watch tv because that's what you normally do. Pretty lame, eh? Talk about missing out on an opportunity! Well, this weekend we wrap up the Easter season with a study of Ephesians 2:4-7 to help us take advantage of what we've been given, life that is "Above and Beyond."